Journal & Conference Papers
- S.N. Omkar, M. Manoj Kumar and Dheevatsa Mudigere, Postural assessment of arbitrarily taken portrait and profile photographs using ImageJ, Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, 11(3), July 2007, pp 231-237.
- S. N. Omkar, Manoj and Dheevatsa, Posture assessment using ImageJ, Indian journal of Aerospace Medicine, 51(1), 38-43, 2007
- S. N. Omkar and Vishwas, Yoga techniques as a means of core stability training, Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, Volume 13, Issue 1, January 2009, Pages 98-103
- S.N Omkar, Manoj Kumar M, Vinay Kumar j, Application of Ant- Miner Algorithm to Extract Knowledge from Star Excursion Balance Test, Indian Journal of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy - An International Journal, Volume 3, Issue 3, 2009.
- S.N Omkar, Ganesh D K, Kiran P. Kulkarni, Standing Balance: Quantification And The Impact Of Visual Sensory Input. Indian Journal of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy - An International Journal, Volume 3, Issue 3, 2009.
- S N Omkar, Meenakshi Mour, Debarun Das, Motion Analysis of Sun Salutation using Magnetometer and Accelerometer, International Journal of Yoga, Volume 2, Issue 2, Jul-Dec 2009
- Omkar S N, Raviprakash S, Vishwas S, Kiran P Kulkarni, An analysis of leg muscle stretch using digital image correlation, Journal of structural engineering, Volume 36, Issue 5, Jan 2010
- S N Omkar, Meenakshi Mour, Debarun Das, A mathematical model of effects on specific joints during practice of the Sun Salutation – A sequence of yoga postures, Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies, In Press.
- S. N. Omkar, Yoga- A Healthy Vision for a Long Term Space Mission, Proceedings of the National conference on Vedic Science and Mathematics, March 16-17, 2001.
- S. N. Omkar, The Relevance of Yama and Niyama to Modern Society, Proceedings of the National conference on Vedic Science and Mathematics, May 3-4, 2002.
- S. N. Omkar, Yogic Sun Salutation for Better Cricketing, Proceedings of the International Congress on Sport Dynamics, Sep.1-3, Australia, 2003.
- S. N. Omkar, Yoga for sports – An Experience with the Indian Cricket Team, Proceedings of the 14th Int. Conf. On Frontiers in Yoga Research and Applications, Dec 18-21. India, 2003.
- S N Omkar, Core Stability through Yogic Breathing, Proceedings of the Asia-Pacific Congress on Sports Technology (APCST 2005), September 2005, Tokyo
- S. N. Omkar, Quantifying Awareness through Infrared Thermography, Proceedings of the 15th Int. Conf. On Frontiers in Yoga Research and Applications, Bangalore, India, December 18-21, 2005.
- S. N. Omkar, Manoj Kumar M and Dheevatsa Mudigere, Quantification of the effect of therapeutic yoga by postural analysis using ImageJ, National conference of fast computational techniques and vedic mathematics in engineering and technology, (Almanac’) 2006.
- S. N. Omkar, "An analysis of sun salutation", Proceedings of Asia-Pacific Congress on Sports Technology 2007, September 23-26, 2007, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- S N Omkar, “Uddiyana Bhandha – a yoga approach to core stability”, in the proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Frontiers in Yoga Research and Applications - Prashanti Kutiram, 2007.
- S.N Omkar, Ganesh D K, Kiran P. Kulkarni; “Standing balance measurement using inertial measurement unit”, 17th International Conference on Frontiers in Yoga Research and Applications, December – 2007.
- S.N.Omkar, Jayachandra D, Akshay S, Stability Training and Quantification – A Essential Tool to Mitigate Space Motion Sickness, IISc Centenary International Conference and Exhibition on Aerospace Engineering, 18-22 May, 2009
Yoga is a spiritual science, which has been gifted to us by our ancient Rishis. Yoga leads to final emancipation. This does not mean that yoga is not for worldly people. In fact, science of yoga has become a popular subject as a curative and a preventive measure for human suffering.
FIND US HERE
No. 1357, 27th cross, 25th Main,
Banashankari 2nd Stage,
Near Banashankari BDA Complex,
Bangalore - 560078