Notice the spinal column is like a suspension bridge in this posture rather than like a tent pole in our standing and sitting posture.
The wrist and the foot are highly benefited. The arms also get good strength.
Wrist extension, foot extension, dorsiflexion of the toes, knee extension.
- Perform posture 4
- As you exhale fold the toes of the right foot inward and move the left leg also backward.
- Keep both legs straight.
- Position the left foot by the side of the right with toes and heel in contact with each other.
- Pull the knee caps; tighten the thigh muscles. Keep both arms straight
- Arms from wrist to shoulder joint should be perpendicular to the floor
- Ideally elbows should face each other
- Spinal column parallel to the floor
- From the base of the toes to the heel the foot should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Keep the pectoral girdle (shoulders) and pelvic girdle (hip) in balance and stay for 20-30 seconds with slow deep breathing.
- Slowly descend and then relax.
Yoga is a spiritual science, which has been gifted to us by our ancient Rishis. Yoga leads to final emancipation. This does not mean that yoga is not for worldly people. In fact, science of yoga has become a popular subject as a curative and a preventive measure for human suffering.
FIND US HERE
No. 1357, 27th cross, 25th Main,
Banashankari 2nd Stage,
Near Banashankari BDA Complex,
Bangalore - 560078